Wednesday, October 10, 2007


I felt REALLY yuckky today. My day just started awful. I woke to my house alarm going off at 4:30 this morning. I freak out and think someone is in my house. I grab my gun...and start prowling. The security people called to see if I was alive.
I am left with two options. The alarm was so loud whomever ran like hell the other way or the wind was fierce and blew a window and the contact point may have been jiggled. Needless to say I did not get back to sleep.
I realize my tummy is NOT happy with me. I am a type 2 diabetic. My doctor has been on me to take Glucophage on a regular basis. Well, after my doc visit last week, I have really been trying to get into a routine. The problem is that it TEARS up my stomach. I have to eat with it. I have tried just a glass of milk and no can do. He says it takes some people a month to adjust other a year, but that I needed to keep trying. Well, I took 2 pills yesterday. One at lunch and one with dinner. I was a miserable woman this morning. He wants me taking 4 pills a day. OMG
I tried to call subfinder only to find out it was out of order. Luckily, I woke up a sub at 6:00 a.m. and she took my classes. Then I called a co- worker ok two co workers and my principal. Then I typed up lesson plans. I mean damn I worked more this morning before 6:30 than I do all all morning on some days.
Any suggestions on the coating of tummy? Christine? Any others with Type 2?
I am going for some pepto and then to bed...... in hopes of sound sleep.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there Rebecca, sorry your tummy is so upset! I wish I knew what you could take with the medication. I think Romeo likes you, Maybe he will break up someday with that girlfriend of his and sweep you away...well we can always hope! Hang in there and hope you feel better soon!

celtic_girl said...

You have a gun!!!

Re you tummy, it's a yukky feeling I know I was on similar tablets and had to stop them even though I was on Nexium for the stomach acid.
Does eating with feel better than not esting with them? Sorry I cannot offer some relief for you, maybe an antacid?

Christine said...

Ha, I got thrown with the gun thing too. Having a hard time thinking of you running around in the middle of the night in your slippers and a gun. Those guys better not come back! ;) Glad you have a great alarm system.

Coating your stomach, hmm. Is there something your doctor can give you to take in combination with the med? I know that I am on something to handle the high acid in my stomach, its a prescription dose of something called zantac. Higher dose of anything they could sell in the stores. I tried everything on the shelf, but the doctor helped me out.

Hope you feel better real soon. 4 pills a day is tough!

BarnGoddess said...

ewww-my MD is after me to start back on diabetes meds too. Im biding my time...

ask your MD what you can take, Zantac ot something like that should be allowed!

Oh dear the alarm. Im glad you have a gun. Every woman needs their owm piece.

Stay safe

Mick & Cathy said...

Hope you are feeling a bit better, at least the weekend is approaching.

Anonymous said...

Starve...until your chest sinks in like mine did:) Of course it's no fun to stretch the last brain cell you have throught the day. Well, now I know how certain people we've known feel, finally....spacey is what I'd call it...or just plain dumb...of course you won't be able to have energy enough to excercise if you join me on my two boulion cube per day diet. Write my email gingerlee2007@yahoo.com when you're...feeling well. Forget the pill and just have the boulion cubes...after a while you'll forget about food. Yippy!Yippy!Yippy!:)

TitanThirteen said...

You have a gun??? I'm scared now! lol

My tummy plays up every time i ovalate [how ever it's spelt]. It's worse than the actual period! I just curl up and ignore everyone. If my eggs are that much of a pain, i'm really glad they aren't turning into babies! lol