Monday, June 12, 2006

Trips

Yes, it has been awhile since my last post. I have been busy...I just got back from "my home" trip, N'Awlins. The city is still in such disarray. It saddens me the lack of government support...Well I should say continued support. We need soldiers and volunteer agencies to clean up, restore and rebuild some of the areas. I mean hell get the prisoners sitting on their asses out and productive to restore communities. The city is so lost without the tourism dollars. The convention center was such a big money maker for all of the small businesses in the area. I was in the French quarter last week and walking in and out of the shops that are open...I went into one (my friend Hannah would love, tea and tea components were their focus) and the shop owner asked me where I was from...Proudly, I said HERE. He said I'm shocked...and went on to tell me of a few businesses that have pulled out of the city and his concern for the businesses that are attempting to make it. The city thrived on tourism dollars from conventions and festivals. To those of you who read my blog get on line find a New Orleans business and BUY SOMETHING! Go to NOLA>COM and search...food, jewelry, costumes, art, vacations, coffee, pralines, books anything you can think of to help out the business owners. I would appreciate it very much!
I'll write more later.....
"Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans..."

0 comments: