Thursday, June 22, 2006

Summer

I went home a week or so ago and saw my oldest friend Linda, we have known each other since kindergarten. She lost her father last year. Well, now her mom is trying to get through Breast Cancer. I went to the hospital with her in Hammond while I was home. Lisa, I can't see her mom making it until Christmas. She looked awful. Of course I couldn't tell Linda that. I'll just keep praying. She is an only child and if she looses her mom no ones left. She's single with multiple cats...I hate to see her in this state of mind.

Second, I ordered new hardwood floors for my dining room, kitchen, living room and hallway. My carpet is funky and old...well the hard wood I had down was parquet. The company I dealt with is Flooring America. The sales guy called me left a message that whenever Jeremy plans to install it, just give him a days notice. Well, while in New Orleans The installer (precision hardwood) calls several times we setup a dat for this past Monday. Jeremy goes over thereto pick up the wood so it can get acclimated to the climate in my house for a day or two before installation...the sales guy says he never called me and that my wood is on back order. So it screws up my trip home, the installers schedule and mine! The installer came last week and tore up the parquet in my foyer and dining room. So Ben and I move furniture all over the house and I'm wanting to lose my mind. Besides that my parents are coming the 1st of July and the wood will not be in until next week. Well, they may just have to stay with Mildred. I am trying to save money 286 bucks if I tear up the carpet in my hallway and in the living room. I'll save another 286 if I can get the linoleum up in my kitchen. But why attempt to do this if I don't have an install date. The house is messy enough! I wanted this to happen...flooring america gave me 3 years interest free financing.

Third, I decided this summer was home improvement time...I stripped the wall of an old lady flower print wall paper in my guest bath. Ben and I had to put some sheetrock mud up in a few places to level where the wallpaper didn't come off so smoothly. After that and sanding walls. We paint and as it dries it turns much darker..I was wanting an apricot peachy color, instead the girl at Sherwin Williams made it too dark and I had HOT PINK walls. I went to Lowes to try and find another color that would look better. It's a greyish/lavender. I have the bathroom 1/2 painted.

Fourth, Mildred is really having problems with her arthritis. She has been going to rehab for her hip 3 days aweek. She is so proper and is not one to complain. The day before I went to New Orleans we had dinner at Cracker Barrel. She teared up and said "Rebecca, I am going downhill and fast." She is using a cane at home but would never let anyone at church see her with it. So, she's battling and her demeanor is just very irritable at least with me. I can understand why....but it's still tough.

With Hannah gone and Ben forced to leave...I'm feeling lonely at RMS this year. You are my closest friend...I'm worried he'll move me to a portable...I'm worried he'll make a 3 man team...My mind is in 100,000 different directions.

Well, I didn't expect to vent this much. Thanks for reading.

0 comments: