Monday, March 31, 2008

12 Days



Hello all~
I am feeling a bit more relaxed today. I know ODD for a Monday morning. I don't have any after school meeting today. AMEN.
I have a couple of places to go after work. But I don't feel a tremendous amount of pressure. THANK GOD!!!!!!

I need to run to my pastry shop. I bought some cookie cutters and she said she would make some cookies for my favor table. = ) I have tin box mints with our names and dates on them. I am thinking of ordering some pralines from N'Awlins too. I am also thinking of flower seeds in packages they can plant and watch grow and I bought baggies guests can use to pick up what they like.... The bags have a Fleur De Lis and our names and date. Other small quaint ideas??? or feedback on these?

We ordered the bedroom set like 3-4 weeks ago and I am so hoping it would come in this week. Send the shipping people positive energy.

"Legend The English translation of "fleur-de-lis" (sometimes spelled "fleur-de-lys") is "flower of the lily." This symbol, depicting a stylized lily or lotus flower, has many meanings. Traditionally, it has been used to represent French royalty, and in that sense it is said to signify perfection, light, and life."

2 comments:

Chris H said...

I don't get why you need to give your guests "gifts" at all.... you are the one who should be getting the gifts? Is it like "Party Bags" little kids give to their friends who come to their Birthday party? 12 days... my it's going fast! You must be getting very excited now.

BarnGoddess said...

wow-things are really moving along!

I am happy you arent so stressed and overwhelmed.

party-favors? eh, keep it simple, VERY simple.

Im going to be honest w/ ya, the party favors most people I know receive end up not being used. Dont waste a ton of $$ on them. The mints are a good idea though, everyone LOVES mints.