Sunday, March 09, 2008

Well, I took the weekend to myself. I unplugged the phone Friday night and retreated. I feel like I have been sucked up into a whirlwind in the form of a tornado. I mean, how do people with families work, shop, clean, and find time for themselves? I am accustomed to living by myself and getting married is going to be a big deal for me. I am used to my own territory. HELP!!!

I finally ordered a cake this last week. I have to bring some picture in but I chose a strawberry light and fluffy with a butter cream frosting. Never in my life would I think it would be strawberry, but this pastry shop had 6 or 7 caked for me to try and I loved it! For me to choose strawberry over chocolate...it HAD to be YUMMY.

I managed to throw out 3 bags of clothing this weekend. I did some laundry and a little shopping this morning, I just finished a paper due for my college class. I just typed and submitted it. I did dishes and unloaded the dishwasher...and I also took a nap yesterday and again today which tells you I really am exhausted.

I HATE WHEN WE LOSE AND HOUR!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

celtic_girl said...

Iv'e been married 21 years now, and it seems to be worse for me to juggle things, or maybe I'm just getting old - boo hoo!

Loved the bedroom furniture,,is it yours or are you planning to buy maybe.

Chris H said...

busy girl... can't wait to see a picture of the cake, hey you gained an hour a while ago.. so give it back! We lose our extra hour soon too I think.. not sure when. Doesn't bother me.

TitanThirteen said...

Married life isn't any busier, it's just that your priorities become different. Don't panic darl, it's all good :o)

BarnGoddess said...

Hey woman, sometimes ya gotta check out of the rat race and get rejuvenated. No harm no foul.

almost 18 years for hubs and I..omg. seeing it typed makes me wanna cry!

just kidding. But, I still like my space, even after 18 years. Generally, hubs gives it to me without too much hassle or else I turn into a snarling beyotch.

The cake sounds delicious! strawberry cake IS MY FAVORITE!

angelfish24 said...

Been married a long time....with one child and the hardest thing is to find time for myself....and find time for just us as a couple. I remember the times when it was just us.....but, I wouldn't change the now for then as we can't imagine our life without our boy. Yeah, so just priorities change and they will change again when he is all grown up and it's just us 2 again.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Things will settle down after you are Married... you will have a routine again... And just make sure that you time is slotted in there!

Anonymous said...

I understand what you are saying, living alone builds your own routines into life, living with someone changes that.
However remember you will have somebody to help with all the small jobs.
You'll be fine.

Bare said...

Mmmmmmmmm, sounds absolutely yummy! I love cake, period! Our wedding cake was chocolate ;0)

I know it's difficult getting used to juggling a routine with others when you're used to being on your own. It won't take long, though. *Hugs*