Thursday, April 10, 2008


It's 3:14 a.m.
I just hung up with my first true love. He and I have been in each others lives for 20 years this summer. We had an electric connection. He walked up to me at a concert at University of New Orleans and just kissed me. He didn't say hello, he just kissed me. We fell head over heels in love and will take that love with us to our graves.
He married about 9 years ago. He's content and has a beautiful daughter now.
Well, with my big day approaching we spent a few hours on the phone tonight. He is genuinely happy for me. Of course several of our friends are standing in the wedding. I sensed he felt a bit left out. He could be the life of the party. He has a great personality and blends well with all kinds of people.
I feel a bit of relief after talking to him. I have such fond memories of our years, our friends and the lust for life we shared. I am entering a new chapter in my life and have a real issue with change. It is typically something that I dread, I fight it and can be afraid of it.
Instead, he offers me new hope, a new segment of my life that should be embraced and cherished. He gives me his love, approval and best wishes.
I just needed to send God a thank you for the love he has sent me. I feel blessed.


9 comments:

BarnGoddess said...

hey there chica! it's gettin' close and Im thinking about you :)

I know your going to have the best wedding ever! and be a radiant, gorgeous bride..

((hugs))

angelfish24 said...

Sounds good. Good that you and your ex are good friends. That's hard to to.
Getting excited? I know that when I got married it was so much ta-do and stress that I missed out on just having fun. Oh well, the guests did. ha!

celtic_girl said...

Not long to go now, my goodness it only seemed like yesterday you were lamenting not being able to meet anyone and now your getting married.

I'm glad you had a heartfelt talk to your ex and you feel good about it. I hope everthing goes well for you both and can't wait to see photos of your wedding. I 'm sure you will look stunning.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Fingers crossed for perfect weather and that everything goes just right on your special day...

Carrie said...

Today is April 12, 2008 and I know this is a big and special day for you. I hope you have an amazing wedding and an even more amazing marriage. May God bless you two in your lives and may you grow stronger in your love as the years roll by. Congratulations and LOVE to you!!!

BarnGoddess said...

well, I am sure your on the honeymoon! Just wanted to let you know I am sending y'all the BEST wishes :)

TitanThirteen said...

Do you think a part of you kinda needed his permission?

Bare said...

I think it's wonderful you were able to talk to him-- it's always so hard closing one chapter of your life. I'm the same way, I have a VERY hard time with change, but over the years, I've come to realize, sometimes, it's not such a bad thing.

Wishing you ALL the best-- can't WAIT to see pics from the wedding! *hugs and love*

TitanThirteen said...

Need pics, will bust lol