Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Whew! I have had a very busy day!
My aunt brought her maid "glossie" over to spend the morning cleaning some on my house. This is always nice! I only get the luxury every few months....I did hire a lawn crew they came yesterday and did a GREAT job! So I have a clean yard and house. Lord have mercy that helps!
OF course I have yet to do my spring cleaning---mainly my closet---yet to do. A LONG AND TEDIOUS PROJECT.
When they left, I went to see my principal. I had not spoken to him since the LAST day of school (a month ago). I left him damn near hysterical with the mound of shit he dumped in my lap for this up coming school year. On the last day after his plans for me next year---I seriously considered going to the super and getting out of my contract. Having to deal with my mom's cancer has taken so much life out of me. All I do is worry and wonder and pray. This second SET of chemo has been so tough on her physically. ( He knows what is going on with her, i broke down on him in April at school, and I took a week off for her surgery) Lets just say he had other options....but I was easier to deal with and to dump on.


After leaving his office I spent the afternoon at the public library with my partner from Grad school. I set up an interview with the Public and Community relations chair. We video taped it and I had a set of like 20 questions. We have a research paper and PowerPoint presentation to put out there in 2 weeks. We did get alot accomplished today. WAHOOOO



After all of this I brought my aunt some fresh gumbo and ran a few errands. Yes, I made fresh gumbo today. YUMMY!




There is only one rule that remains constant in making gumbo: First you make a roux. The roux, a flour and oil or butter mixture, which acts as a thickening agent, is the gumbo's base. There are no other hard-and-fast rules for the ingredients used in making gumbo - anything that flies, crawls, creeps, or lies still may end up in the gumbo pot. There are as many recipes for gumbo as there are cooks in Louisiana. The making of gumbo draws out the competitive streak in most Louisianans, and most cooks closely guard their recipes.


How many of my weight loss bloggers keep a food diary? Did it help?

I am thinking of going back to New Orleans this weekend. I desperately need to be around some people I love! I need my friends that I hold dear to my heart. My class was cancelled for Thurs evening...so I could go that morning and come back Tues or Wed. I could have cold milk and a beignet at Cafe Dumone on Jackson Square. I could hit some of the galleries on Royal Street. I could shop and shop and shop...I could have a Fleur De Lis painted on my face.


If you find a true friend, hold on to them for dear life. They come into your life so infrequently, especially as we age.





7 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

I dont hear of anyone making Gumbo here in Aus... but yours looks yummoooooooooo

Rachel said...

True friends are hard to come by. That is why with GL, no matter what the outcome, I know I have a friend who loves me unconditionally. There is nothing about me he does not know and vice versa. But that is rare, I know.

Ya got some true blogging friends. Even if we have not met in person...you know that, right?!

The alimony, child support and temporary custody hearing is today.
Denver was named that because he was born...in Denver. I am with BG - I hate that name, too. But he is cute and very witty - just not consistent but what freaking male is?!!

BarnGoddess said...

omg, that Gumbo looks so GOOD.

you are an evil woman. no where in OK can I find something that good to eat NOR can I make it.

((hugs)) to my evil friend, you sound like you are doing much better.

Have a good time in NO.

Did you get my emails about Rocklahoma?

BarnGoddess said...

"Denver was named that because he was born...in Denver. I am with BG - I hate that name, too"

now we BOTH will be eating CROW if she ends up in a steady relationship w/ the guy.

hahaha

Christine said...

I don't keep a food journal - but I do keep track of my calories. It keeps me on my toes - I didn't realize how quick those calories added up until I started keeping track. :) The gumbo looks amazing!!!

angelfish24 said...

Your gumbo looks awesome!! We don't have it up here in Seattle much but once in a while I've tried it and loved it.
I totally agree with the 'true friends' quote. I actually started hanging with old friends from the past in a girls group (started about 2 yrs ago) and they are some of my best friends even though we've changed a bit through the years. Good to have them!
Have a good week.

Moby Dick said...

Gumbo is awesome!! Have not had any in a while...!