Friday, June 22, 2007



OK, so my best buddy seems to have found LOVE. I am excited for him. I have know him for 5 years now and I always thought the FOREVER bachelor. A friend of ours set him up on a date last week and now they have spent every day together for a week. WOW. He's told her he loves her and vice versa. HE's 46 and she is too. She is divorced with a 19 yr old daughter in college. He is crazy about her. I think its wonderful for him. I hope it turns out to be his dream relationship.

No plans for me this weekend. I am waiting on a yard guy to come and check my yard out and give me 6 months of regular lawn maintenance and maybe spruce up the place. I hate gardening!!!! No green thumb here.

Do you guys have any favorite flowers, plants or trees that are lovely blooming and enjoy seeing in your yard or a neighbors yard?

I have a couple dogwoods, a red maple, a japanese magnolia, a few day lillies....but want something besides azealas. I tend to like rich colors. Send me your suggestions. Many thanks and have a good weekend.

5 comments:

Christine said...

I am a red girl - love the rich colors. Nothing plain about me. :)

Moby Dick said...

Intense relationships usually burn up and then fizzle out. One of these days they will take a break and they will both realize they are sick of each other.

I am not called Mr. Romance for naught.

TrixieBelden said...

Hey there, I read your comment on Angelfish24's blog and it really struck a chord with me. I feel a lot like how you are feeling. I too am single and I too had no plans for the weekend. I just finished grad school and I am actively looking for a full-time job in other areas of the country. I have tons of free time and very little to fill it with. There are just so many times I can roam around Target by myself! So, I guess what I am saying is that I feel your pain and hope things start looking up for you. If you want to visit me, my blog is lastpick.blogspot.com.

Take care, Trixie

Rachel said...

hydrangeas are pretty and sweet williams...

yeah, you have to be careful w/ intense relationships....once the chemistry wanes, you sometimes yourself thinking WTF?!!

Hannah said...

WOW! Are we talking about T? Yay!!! I don't know him well, but from what you said, he seemed fine with living out his days as a bachelor. How wonderful that God had other plans!!! I'm really happy for him! :)