Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday

I'm home again.

My aunt and I went to visit with mom and dad. I took everybody out for fathers day. I picked up some stuff for dad when B and I were in Savannah. He got a sailing t-tshirt a mild teal green. I also got him some of the cucumber dill dip/dressing of Paula Deens. When my mom had surgery he was doing SUDUKO. So I found a cd-rom for it and a couple of books. He said Thanks.

Mom really has a short fuse these days. I have never had a snippy mom. These last few treatments my goodness, she has no patience and VERY irritable. But ya know, if I were in her shoes- I'd be a straight out bitch. She started to grow back about 1/4 of an inch of hair, but the nurses warned her it will come out again with this chemo. Sure enough while I was home she started losing the little she had.

I was up till after midnight working on some of my grad class assignments. There will be lots of writing analysis and reflection. I think I can make it. I am happy it is a small class. AMEN.

Nothing going on in my life but mom..oh ok wait. Across the street an elderly lady lives, her daughter (must be 50's) moved in to help take care of her. Well I keep seeing a guy over there my guess late 30's early 40's. We have said hello a few times, but last week I went to get my mail and he came out as well and we started talking. His name is Bill. He's divorced about a year now. He's been staying with them until he can get back on his feet. (Last weekend my house alarm went off--ADT called my 2 people on the list in case of emergency-My aunt and T...well my aunt was over here and did not hear the alarm or her phone---the police came--and Bill was home to see all of this) He talked to my aunt and such before our conversation...He asked about my trip home and my aunt and who I lived with.....After talking letting him know I am single, it turns out he is best friends with one of my favorite students dad. I loved this kid 2 yrs ago. That is a plus.....We'll see. My luck she kicked him out, he's CRAZY, and it would never work.

I had to share.

3 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

Welcome home Rebecca I'll look forward to more posts.

angelfish24 said...

Welcome home. I can relate to what you are saying about your mom and her chemo treatments and being bitchy. That's exactly how my friend Dawn was on her last chemo. Very negative too. But how they not help it? And all the chemicals running thru them making them feel like crap. It's so hard to see them like that when that is not their natural nature. It will get better I hope for your mom.

About the guy, did you find him attractive?

BarnGoddess said...

ahhh there is always hope for Bill!

Hey when ya get to be 30, there is gonna be some baggage....some is acceptable

psycho, bankrupt, leech ARE NOT.

If I were in your mom's shoes, I'd have everyone ran off with my nasty bitchiness so I can understand where she's coming from.

I had radiation in '97 and lost quite a bit of my hair. WHen it grew back, it stuck up straight like a rooster tail from the back of my head-it was freaky looking.