Thursday, February 28, 2008


Ok. Here's how I feel. Yet again I have had a very busy week...and I haven;t made it to blogs...Barngoddess, Mick, Diet Coke, Diane, Angelfish, Cactus...I am missing you too. I am just not home to get online and feel like I am able to surf.
My mom goes home Sat. I have tomorrow to see her. When I left school today, I went and grabbed her. We went to the first pastry shop I found a month or so again. We called and set up a taste test.
I found that I loved her strawberry cake. Her vanilla not so much, but her red velvet was good and her double chocolate was tasty. I LOVED her chocolate whipped frosting. CAN I SAY OMG? She should produce her own "Betty Crocker" shelving of this!
However, as I am aware most wedding cakes are white/yellow....with a few smatterings thrown in for splashes of color. My mom was insistent.....so She will call me next week and let me try a caramel cake and her almond cake....(it's kind of a pound cake). I can get 3 square tiers for 250 + delivery. I'll admit she had more flavors than I anticipated. The local bakery by me only had white cake...and I had to pay extra for filling between layers....
I need money.

8 comments:

Chris H said...

"most wedding cakes are white/yellow"... so WHAT? You can have whatever colour/flavour you want, IT'S YOUR WEDDING!!!!! How about purple and chocolate stripes!!!! Do what you want, not what is 'bloody normal" !

Lyn said...

I agree with Chris ... it's your day you have what you want.

When I got married I got told I shouldn't have any colours on my dress. I wanted a white dress with burgandy red roses embroidered, with blue little flowers and forest green leaves. The dress maker talked me into having pale pink instead and to this day (13yrs later) I wish I'd gone for the bright colours cause that was me!!

So do what you want!!

Carrie said...

The first time I got married, it was outside at a National Refuge. The second, hubs and I rented out the restaurant of the oldest hotel in our town. It was great! They moved out all the tables and set up chairs, then after the ceremony, we got to have drinks in the library and when we went back into the restaurant part, they had set up tables with food everywhere!

Honey, do what you want or I promise you, you will regret it. It's a day about you and the man you love choosing to make a life together. The first steps in that path should be ones you like, not ones that are "right" HUGS and good luck!

BarnGoddess said...

glad you were able to cake-test w/ your mom! good memories :)

whipped chocolate frosting??? oh yummy!!!!!!!

TitanThirteen said...

What about a multi coloured wedding cake? Bright and happy like? Do what fits you and your tom cat, not the norm :o)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

SOunds weird tasting all those different cakes... the old tradition here for wedding cakes is the good old boiled fruit cake with almond and royal icing... yummooooo But I do like the sound of the others... Do what you feel is right for the day... ask your man what he thinks.... oh... maybe not.. haha

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

SOunds weird tasting all those different cakes... the old tradition here for wedding cakes is the good old boiled fruit cake with almond and royal icing... yummooooo But I do like the sound of the others... Do what you feel is right for the day... ask your man what he thinks.... oh... maybe not.. haha

celtic_girl said...

I agree with Chris it's your wedding have what you like, I like the idea od having al the taste tests though.