Sunday, April 30, 2006

Searching

That was the only word that came to mind for me...It's a beautiful Sunday early afternoon. I've already been out shopping and running errands. It 's GORGEOUS outside....I like my cool weather and it's 68* with a nice wind blowing...All I need is the perfect man to share the day with...

MEN* which is why I feel like I am searching...I went out with a internet date Friday night. We have only been talking a little over a week, so for me to meet this soon was rare. He pushed and pushed for this weekend. I don't like to set up a date for an ALL day affair, so if either party isn't feeling *it* they are not stuck...He's a writer for a newspaper near by, originally from Boston, and has a Mass Communications degree. He's divorced with one daughter. Well, he had wonderful manners, very much a gentleman, and we are definitely on a level playing field intellectually, but something was missing on my part. I don't want to sound shallow, but I am more materialistic than he is, from his lifestyle choices. I am tired of dating guys who don't own a house and have a small nest egg/401k put away. I mean it's not like we are 20 anymore. See don't I sound like I need Donald Trump? (not even with all his money---that hair do--talk about a bad hair day, week, LIFE) I just want someone who has more than I do.
(No feedback necessary on this one as we have emailed and I know now it's not going to work)

I do have two other guys that I am talking too...I have feelings for both of them. One is a previous co-worker I'll call G. He's as sweet as can be and would do anything for me. We have a few things in common and get along perfectly. We can argue with out getting mad, if that makes sense. You know when you date someone, it takes awhile to get so comfy that you can say or do just about anything without having to "think" about it. We have that comfy zone. He has been through quite a bit this last year and it's been pretty emotional and challenging at the same time. He wants us to get married and would go any where in the world for me. My concern again is financial and his lack of stability at his age. He doesn't own a home and has child support for two children. He's competent and has a variety of skills. He's thoughtful, sweet and fun to be with...He's one of the most romantic guys I know and have ever dated. He's not one to go all out, but takes the time to think about doing sweet things...He's Christian and has a good heart!

Second, we'll call him J~ . We met on the internet about 4 years ago. We dated for about 8 months a few years ago. We live a good 2 hours apart and it's pain in the ass drive. He did all most all of the driving. He's the one with the THICK southern accent. He has recently ended a relationship. I feel like he's partly on the rebound. He is the type of guy that doesn't like to be alone. That part worries me....As I value my independence and haven't settled with a guy so that I don't feel alone. (Some of my friends and I agree, I'm the old cat lady) I want a partner in life, but key word PARTNER. I don't want a guy I have to light a fire under his ass...as a sense of motivation. I know we all have areas in our life we want to work on , and a partner should fill the void, not have to create the roadmap. Do I sound like a complete B?

MEOW! Hence the blog name~~~~~~~~~

1 comments:

Hannah said...

Yes, you are a b! Who are you? What right do you have to want something good for yourself?!? j/k :-)

R-- you have EVERY freakin' right to set standards!!! I agree with you. You want someone who has some sense and makes sensible decisions.

What happened with the guy Friday that made him a no-go? He seemed nice, but then I only talked to him for a minute . . .