Wednesday, April 26, 2006

New Awlins and friendship


Well...so far so good. I don't think that people have been talking to people yet today. I so hope this works out for everyone...I mean wouldn't you try to help a friend if you slowly saw them creating their own NEGATIVE fate? I feel like it is worth the "danger" of losing a friendship if their quality of life can be improved....and I only say that because I am feeling older and trying some preventively maintenance.

So how many of you out there think that people should settle for less than they want, if they are getting ALOT of what they want? Are they cheating themselves? Are they cheating other people? Overall is it fair???

Music news...Michael McDonald (former Doobie Brothers) is out on tour with Steely Dan this summer and they are coming to Atlanta August 7th! Wahoo! I love both of these musical acts. I had the please of seeing Michael at House of Blues in New Orleans several years ago...and I saw the Doobie Bros at New Orleans Jazz and Heritage festival with Michael. Two of my friends (Tara and Jamie) and I drove to Houston to see Steely Dan several years ago, we all thought it would be our only chance to hear them live. Unfortunately, New Orleans has such a HIGH entertainment tax that most artists would rather play other areas...such as Biloxi Mississippi.
I hope that after Katrina maybe some of these taxes will be cut to help the city get back together again. It really saddens me to see MY city is such disarray...The New Orleans Mayors race was last weekend. Unfortunately , Nagin and Landrieu will have a run off in May. I hope Landrieu gets in, he is the less of two evils.

0 comments: